I wanted to make a piece as a gift for my cousin who became a priest on Sunday – and I wanted to complete the piece in one day. I nearly achieved it – but I have got a few finishing touches to do tomorrow.
I have taken the angel element from the large piece – as this angel is meaningful to both of us.
For the background I layered dyed pieces of tissue and tissuetex left over from the last project. I bonded these layers together using bondaweb. As I really did not like the colours – I was left with very dark blue and acid yellow – I over painted the bonded papers with golden and pearl acrylic paint – this left me with quite a strange plasticy surface – but that was fine. I then cut an arch shape out of the bonded papers.
I printed the angel onto ExtrvOrganza and then bondawebed the organza onto heavyweight vylene – which had all ready been coloured with a dilute mix of fabric dye and gold acrylic paint.
I placed the tissue layers over the angel do that she was sitting in the arch – then machine zig-zaged around the arch in gold thread. Then I did my usual thing of putting the whole lot onto water soluble fabric as a support while I did the machine and hand stitching.
As for my big piece – I have ignored it all day – and looking at it this evening – it is finished!
And …… its OK